Tuesday 17 May 2011

Macro Photography Website

Welcome to Macro Photography for Beginners

I was in the middle of writing a new post about using filters in macro photography, when I just decided that this blog had run its course.  I've looked through some of my earlier posts and discovered that times have changed and techniques have moved on. I still use the same camera, same lens, ring flash and a reinforced benbo tripod for my macro photography. I am still experimenting with wind breaks for wildflower shots and weird flash brackets for insect shots.

I have some exciting news about the development of this website. I have registered the dot com version of this website and taken out a hosting account. I am currently writing new content for t he  webpages of the dot com website. In other words you can find me and my new blog at http://www.macrophotographyforbeginners.com [looks great without the blogspot suffix doesn't it]


Not that I have anything against the Blogger/Blogsot format, it is a good place to begin but in hindsight it might have been better to go with a dot com from the outset. I'm looking forward to writing the new content and helping more beginners get themselves on the road to sharp high quality macro photographs. I plan to write with more freedom, less search engine orientated material, just concentrating making my new site a good experience for the reader.

This website has done quite well over the years and I'm looking forward to expanding the content to an even bigger audience. I never imagined that so many people would be interested in my simple guide to macro photography.

By all means, come along. Do drop in...but be aware that I have not even begun writing the content. The link below is really just to get the ball rolling. Get my new site into the index and give my new site a shot in the arm, so to speak. Echo and the Bunnymen sang "Nothing Lasts Forever" and with this sentiment I write the final words to be posted on this blog [or are they, perhaps not if some deviant macro fiend leaves a comment - will it get throught the spam filter?]

The new website can be found at macro photography for beginners and is currently under construction. I've posted the link really to help get my new site indexed in google - if you do visit, there is very little to see. I've posted my logo ladybug just so you recognise it!

[link to new site removed 23/06/2011 due to server problems - my new site has gone into hiding!] 

Thanks to all my readers, followers, and commentors.

The End

3 comments:

gadget said...

amazing site

anthony said...

Great. Check out
http://animal-idae.blogspot.com

Karen said...

what is best macro lens for beginner with a Canon T3i?